IGL’s team just spent the last weekend in Cancun Mexico for our annual business retreat. Want to join us next time? We’d love to have you there – and we’re hiring.
SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER
Location: Charlotte NC (Headquarters), El Paso TX, Phoenix AZ (3 positions available)
IGL Logistics is an international transportation organization, providing logistics and supply chain solutions to the global business-to-business marketplace. We are hiring for an inside sales support / marketing position, with potential to start immediately upon selected candidate’s availability.
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for managing and growing customer accounts for their team that are being onboarded by the company, while still developing new customer accounts. The Senior Account Manager will work closely with the operations and management team to ensure customer and prospects goals are being met. Senior Account Managers will also be involved with the companies strategic planning and forecasting.
- Maintain and develop relationships with new and existing customers.
- Generate freight bookings that match the strength of the company.
- Quote rates based on market conditions and historical data.
- Hit weekly and monthly goals set forth by you and the company.
- Develop domestic and international transportation and warehousing business from their accounts.
- Seek out profitable accounts and reduce unprofitable ones.
- Obtain and prepare bid packages and any other special projects.
- Focus on promoting growth and achieving gross margin objectives.
- Solicit add-on business from existing accounts.
- Use CRM to record all sales development activities.
- Spend time with customers and prospect through lunches, dinners, and entertainment.
- Conduct weekly/monthly meetings regarding goals and performance.
- Work with operations on any services issues and cargo claims with your customers.
- Work with the accounting team to resolve any billing issues.
- Provide an accurate sales forecast each quarter.
A Senior Account Manager will be paid a base salary based on experience. Annual performance reviews will be ongoing year after year at the end of each year. Performance reviews will be based on the following measurements: customer sales, goals, contribution, leadership, adaptability, cooperativeness, attitude, customer development, and data management.
Additionally, each Senior Account Manager will have the opportunity to earn a monthly bonus based on their gross margins.
Bonus pay is earned when collected. All bonus pay is typically scheduled to be paid thirty days after the end of the month in which delivery of the shipment occurs, provided all costs are settled. Bonus pay will be based on individual monthly gross margins generated by the Senior Account Manager.
Entertainment, Travel, and Advertising:
The company will reimburse all approved expenses related to entertainment, travel, and advertising for business purposes only.
Job Type: Full-time
Base Pay: $70,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- IRA matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
- If you have an active non-solicitation agreement with your current or former company, please do not apply. You must be free and clear of any non-compete agreements.
- Freight Forwarding Sales: 3 years (Required)
Interested candidates should submit letter of interest/CV and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org